2005 Dodge Ram 2500 consumer reviews

$24,840–$28,045 MSRP range

side view of 2005 Ram 2500 Dodge

95% of drivers recommend this machine

Rating breakdown (out of 5):

  • Condolement 4.4
  • Interior pattern iv.3
  • Performance four.ix
  • Value for the money 4.5
  • Exterior styling 4.half dozen
  • Reliability four.5

Cummins - Boxing Tested

Best Truck I always owned. My 2005 Contrivance 2500 v.9L Cummins has been truly tested. I bought this RAM make new and its first task, after a m mile pause in, was to tow my 10,000 lb boat (270 Sea Ray + triple axle trailer) from Portland Oregon to Boston, MA. It was a perfect break in for the new 5.9L Cummins engine. But I don't simply tow my boat. I use this truck as a daily driver (60 daily commute) + weekend warrior. On the weekends, we (married woman and I) explore New England. I have been 4 wheeling in NH and ME while carrying two kayaks. It'southward runs great in the snowfall, mud, rocks and even on snowmobile roads. (That was unintentional - we found ourselves on a snowmobile trail by blow. But the 35 inch wheels got us out with no trouble). BTW - I put 35 inch wheels on by but adding a 2.5 in leveler to the front cease. No elevator needed. Had to supervene upon the transmission at about 125K, but had a local guy put in a bomber transmission. He custom builds transmissions for Truck Pulls. I did larn that Diesel fuel does gel in cold temps. Nosotros went skiing in NH and stayed in a hotel. I did not plug in the truck that nighttime, but even if I did, it would not have mattered. It got down to -23F that night and and then side by side morning the fuel in the truck was totally frozen. Subsequently working with AAA for an half hr we concluded that the common cold temps fully gelled my fuel and while the product (Diesel 911) tin de-gel the fuel in the tank, the fuel filer was all the same fully frozen. Had the truck towed (100 mi) back home. Put it in a garage for 2 days and it started without a trouble. Now I treat the fuel whenever the temps drop below 32F. Best truck I have ever endemic. They do salt the roads in the winter in New England, so I undercoat the truck with Fluid Film every yr to prevent corrosion. I trust this truck will get me anywhere, anytime and in whatsoever temps. I plan to go along this truck for the rest of my life. That v.9L Cummins volition likely outlive me.

Testify full review

$ 1400.00 to gear up failed ecm. 37 24-hour interval wait

51,000 miles ecm failure. Its groovy only it was left by my deceased married man. This truck is lifted 8 inches and is it really fun to bulldoze until expiry wobble sets in, Chrysler has known well-nigh this for many years, yet they choose to ignore.

Show full review

Towing beast!

This Truck has all the tools 1 could want and more. Was amazed how easy it towed 3,000 pounds of rocks, like it wasn't at that place!

Bear witness total review

This truck has never let me downward

Best truck out there hands down. Tons of power and looks bully. I only become great complements on this truck. Naught beats a Dodge Ram with a Cummins.

Bear witness full review

I bought the exact vehicle I need for the job.

My 2005 Dodge 2500 v.9 Cummins is perfect for the task of towing my 31 ft travel trailer. I love the vehicle so far. The interior is perfect. Everything works fine. It even has a fifth bicycle in the bed for out next trailer.

Prove full review

Bulletproof Engine! Other Parts? Not So Much!

2005 2500 5.9 4x4 Lariat Sport due west/ 130,000 miles. I bought information technology 10 years ago with 40,000 miles. PLUSES - With proper maintenance the engine will terminal a lifetime. Capable of pulling your house off it'southward foundation! MINUSES - 4-Speed transmission said adios at about 100,000. Every kind of articulation - ball joints, ujoints, tie rod ends were exceedingly cheap non-greasable from the manufacturing plant. I just inverse all of them (seriously ALL OF THEM) at 120,000 and at present changing the steering gear with a "redhead" upgraded pattern. Manual rebuild was nearly $4K and but the parts for "joints" all over the truck were nigh $ii.5K - I did the work myself. I Beloved THIS TRUCK! Unfortunately the maintenance of a 3/4 ton is much higher than a i/two ton. If I needed another diesel for, say, pulling a 5th wheel, I would purchase the new RAM 2500 diesel fuel. Otherwise, I would purchase a F-150 with the V6 turbo and the max tow packet for my 7300 pound trailer.

Show full review

So far and then good I love the truck

The truck is great and so far I havnt had annihilation I accept regretted about my purchase. Truck was super clean and seems very well taken care of.

Show full review

TIPM (Totally Integrated Ability Modules) are bad

Strong engine, only electric system (TIPM) is decumbent to fail. When this fuse box integrated circuit fails the truck is expressionless. These TIPM cost $1,000 dollars to supercede. Not practiced.

Show full review

Ya the dest truck I ever owned that?s why I went.

It was the best truck I ever had that?s why I bought a new one same truck an I dearest this truck meets all my needs

Show full review

best truck i'five e'er owned.

strong and reliable.i will never sell it!! bought with 19k mi. now accept 170k miles. very few problems over the last 13 years. you could not pry information technology away from me.

Prove full review